Plugable UGA-2K-A USB 2.0 to VGA/DVI/HDMI Adapte not working correctly

Hello,

I am running 3 monitors with Plugable UGA-2K-A USB 2.0 to VGA/DVI/HDMI Adapter. These adapters are connected to Plugable USB 2.0 10 Port Hub. I am using an HP Envy 15 laptop with the latest drivers and started to experience a problem in the last month or so where my central monitor does not come up during the system boot-up. I have to unplug, then plug back again the usb cord from adapter to monitor in order to fix the problem. This also happens when I lock computer, then unlock ti with password after a bit of time. Can someone please help resolve this issue? Appreciate any help on this.

Thank you,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for contacting Plugable Support. We’ll be happy to help. Since you have three adapters, let’s first try switching just the adapter from the center display that’s having the issue to one of the others that isn’t. If it follows, we’ll suspect the adapter.

The next thing to try is connecting the adapter directly to the one of the USB ports on the computer.

Let me know if you see any improvement or changes, and we’ll figure out our next steps.

Thanks,
Jerome.

Thank you for you help Jerome.

After some testing I’ve determined that it is one of my monitors which is failing. I will be replacing it soon.

Thanks again,

Dan

Sorry to hear about the monitor…

Thanks for letting us know.
Jerome.

Plugable Technologies.