Plugable UGA-2K-A USB 2.0 - High CPU Utilization?

Hello,

I am running 3 monitors on my HP Envy 15 laptop with Plugable UGA-2K-A USB 2.0 adapters and latest drivers (ver 5.6.3). Since I updated the drivers a few weeks ago, I am noticing a high CPU utilization at about 14-15% even when the machine is doing nothing. When I run the laptop with no monitors attached, I am not experiencing this problem, but as soon a I boot up with the monitors and adapters (drivers loaded), then I am back up to continuous CPU utilization at 14-15%. I did not experience this issue with the previous version of the drivers.

Can you guys help resolve this issue? Appreciate any help on this…

Thanks,

Dan

I think I may have been premature with blaming the drivers. Upon doing more research, I think it is Carbonite backup service that is consuming the CPU. Sorry guys, I will post more if I find anything related to the drivers…

Thanks for the update, Dan! Glad you found that.

There should be a very small amount of CPU utilization all the time on Win 7, and then you’ll see much bigger bursts as soon as you trigger rendering on the USB screen (e.g. wiggle a window around). % are hard to say, because of differences between CPUs, but as you say, when the machine is doing nothing, the USB graphics should be contributing less than 14-15% CPU.

Let us know if we can help with anything. Thanks again!

Bernie