Plugable UD-3900Z showing as my default audio listening device

Having issues with Plugable UD-3900Z audio listening device

I have been using my Plugable UD3900 device for a month with no issues on laptop that has Windows 11 OS. Yesterday, I started having issues with my default audio device.

The Plugable unit is connected to my laptop via USB-C. My default audio device is an Anker PowerConf Speakerphone that is connected via Bluetooth.

When I went to listen to a YouTube video yesterday no sound came out of the Anker speaker (or anywhere else). When I checked system sound settings it shows the Anker as the default output for sound. The Plugable and the built in laptop speakers are also listed as audio output options. When I click Plugable as default no sound came out (of course). When I click laptop speakers everything works fine.

So I removed and reconnected the Anker device and the same issue – -Anker listed as default but no sound.

So I removed the Anker device again and tested another Bluetooth device – this time Anker Soundcore p3 earbuds. There were no issues. When I put headset on sound came out right away.

I tested the Anker device again – no sound again.

I also tried unplugging the Plugable from my laptop and then power bar. Restarted. Tested Anker and again no sound.

Help!

Thank you and best regards,

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I’m sorry your Anker speaker isn’t working as expected, and I’ll be happy to assist.

I saw that you also reached out to us through email in ticket # 430055. I’ve responded to your request over email, and will be happy to continue helping with troubleshooting there.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for giving us the chance to help.

Sam
Plugable Technologies