Plugable docking station will not allow charging of other devices…(is. Phone,ipad) when plugged into any/all the 3.0 USB connections. The devices do not charge nor will they transfer data back and forth
Thank you for contacting us, I am sorry the USB ports are not being detected by the host computer or connected devices.
Based on your description I recommend we start by resetting the docking station and computer to see if this helps to restore the functionality, please perform the following:
- Disconnect the docking station from the computer and remove the power connection from the back of the docking station, unplug all USB devices from the docking station
- Disconnect the docking station’s power supply from the wall and let both the docking station and power supply sit for 30-90 seconds to fully discharge
- Restart the computer
3.1 In Windows 10: Start > ( Power Icon ) > Restart
3.2 In macOS: Apple Menu > Restart
- After 30-90 seconds, reconnect the power supply to the wall socket or power strip
- Reconnect the power supply to the docking station
5.1 Verify the blue power LED is illuminated on the front of the docking station, please let me know if this does not come on when connected
- Reconnect the docking station to the computer
6.1 Please be sure to use the original USB cable provided with the docking station
6.2 Connect the cable directly from the docking station to the computer, adapters, hubs, or cable extensions may reduce the docking station’s capabilities or prevent detection
- Check for the external displays to be detected on the system, if they are not detected please let me know
- Reconnect USB devices to the docking station one at a time, test each device to make sure it is working before connecting the next device.
Please let me know if this helps, if not we can get some additional details about the computer and configuration and go from here.
Everything is reset multiple times, we still keep losing monitor displays, and the data transfer from the devices plugged into the plugable box is still intermittent. Also in your response you never addressed the topic of devices plugged into the plugable box not charging or transferring data to the computer.
Thanks for resetting the docking station, I am sorry this is still not working as expected.
The reset process is designed to fully reset the docking stations hardware and would address both the display connections and USB device connectivity/charging if this were the cause of this behavior.
As this did not help I would like to start the replacement process, for your privacy I recommend emailing the details below to our support email directly and not posting this information in our public forms. Please contact our support team directly via email at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #341398 - Attention Pat’ as this will allow us to keep track of the problem description and steps already taken on the public forum.
In the body of the email please let me know the Amazon Order ID ( available from amazon.com/orders ) for the original purchase of the UD-3900PDZ ( in the form of “###-######-#######” ). Additionally, please let me know the serial number from the bottom of the docking station. We will use this to start the warranty replacement process. Finally please let me know your preferred shipping address for receiving the replacement D-3900PDZ, for addresses outside of the United States please include a phone number we can provide the shipper in case they need to contact you to arrange delivery.
Thank you, and I apologize for this inconvenience.
Thank you Pat for your quick response on the topic, and looking forward to the new device.