Plugable UD-3900H - No IP address, shakey audio connection, periodic screen flickering

First of all, I’m super grateful to be able to support my M1 pro with dual monitors. That said, holy shit this dock has problems.

1. I can’t use a hardline ethernet line, because “the IP address can’t be found”
  2. The audio connecting to my external Bose speakers works about 50% of the time, I’ve spent more time in system preferences re-selecting the audio (IF it’s even an option) than I ever have before.
  3. And what’s with the screens going blank for 2-3 seconds every once in a while

Almost feels like it wasn’t worth the purchase.

Hello Kris,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue and would be happy to help assist.

The behavior you are describing is certainly unexpected. Would it be possible to collect a set of diagnostic logs generated by our PlugDebug utility? It will gather device information and installation logs that will help our support team understand what could be happening. To collect these logs, please have the device plugged into your computer, and please follow this link for instructions: https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

The tool will collect system logs into a ZIP file and save them to your Desktop so they can be attached to your email reply.

If you prefer not to run the utility we do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and can offer a full refund for your order as well. All we would require is your Amazon order number (or other proof of purchase).

Please let us know how you would like to proceed.

Best regards,

Michael S.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.