Plugable UD-3900 Dual Display Universal Docking Station with two DVI monitors keeping windows spread acoss monitors

I wanted to share a Wacom tablet between two computers. Got your “USB2-SWITCH2 USB 2.0 Two Port Switch”, and that worked fine. Decided to expand to two computers sharing a wacom and dual monitors. So I got your “UD-3900 Plugable UD-3900 Dual Display Universal Docking Station”. Using that and the USB2-SWITCH2 to switch between computers. Got everything set up and working. Both computers sharing one wacom and dual monitors. Problem is, when I switch between computers, all the windows that I have spread over two monitors will all collapse onto my main monitor. Is there any way to stabilize this, so the windows will stay where I put them.

Thank you,
Brian Bilter

Hi Brian,

Thanks for posting! Unfortunately, there is not a way to configure Windows in order to keep the open windows on a given system to remain on the current monitor it is on. When using our USB switch, it changes the electrical signal from one port to the other and this acts as if you were physically removing the cable for the monitor from your system. Once a monitor is removed, Windows will automatically move the open windows to the main screen that is powered and running on the system. Assuming I am understanding the behavior you are seeing correctly, it seems like the typical behavior within Windows when disconnecting monitors.

I’m sorry we couldn’t be of more help!

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

David,
You answered my question, so problem. I was hoping to be able to use the dual
monitors, but being able to share a wacom tablet between two
computers is good enough.

Thanks for the help.
Brian Bilter

So no problem is what I meant to say.