Plugable ud-3900 - display lags in remote desktop

Hi, I have a UD-3900 docking station that I have been using for a while now. But a few months ago, I noticed that display is lagging when connected on a remote computer via remote desktop connection. I updated the displaylink driver to the latest version, no effect.

My setup:
-Dell Inspiron 15 5576, win10 home edition
-plugable ud-3900, connected with usb3 provided cable
-monitor is connected with dvi to docking station

I noticed that lagging only occurs after the first time remote desktop session has been opened. If I power off the docking station, power it back on and reopen the remote session, everything works fine. If I then close the remote session, reopen it, then the lagging is back to the point it is almost unusable.

Please advise.

We’ll want to proceed with a clean installation of the drivers, and see if the behavior is any different. Please do all of the following with the dock disconnected, until the very last step.

1. Disconnect the DisplayLink adapter from the computer
  2. Uninstall DisplayLink Core software from Control Panel->Programs. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step.
  3. Download and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here:

http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?d=64

1. Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
  2. Now download and run the latest DisplayLink software, found here:

http://plugable.com/drivers/displaylink/

1. Reboot, even if not prompted to
  2. Once you’re back in Windows, reattach the dock and let it install and update the firmware which should happen automatically.

Let me know if that helps!

I had already tried this procedure in the past, without success. But I gave it a second chance and did the clean reinstall of the software, without any luck. Same behavior, disaplay is lagging when running in a remote desktop session.

When it happens, I have to wither unplug the docking station USB cable from the laptop or power down the station in order to have the remote desktop session display back to speed.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for trying that!

Since that didn’t help, I’ll want to grab logs from your machine for analysis so we can try to understand what’s going on. Could you run our log-gathering tool, Plugdebug, and send over the resulting .zip to our support email?

I’ll follow up shortly by email so you can just respond to that thread.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.