Plugable U3900 not recognizing 2nd Monitor

Trying to connect to my Dell Laptop via the U3900 2 samsung monitors (Both are the same make and Model) the one connected via HDMI works fine the second monitor connected via DVI does not get recognized. If I connect them without the U3900 they both work fine. I have uninstalled the software , ran the cleaner and reinstalled but no success.

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Plugable support, I’m happy to help with the issue you’re seeing.

Since you’re seeing issues where one monitors works with the docking station while another monitor doesn’t work, we’ll want to collect some logs from your computer to better understand what’s going on.

Please plug the device into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there: http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Please do not post the logs to the public forum and instead please e-mail them to support@plugable.com and mention that it is for ticket #279963. Once we get the logs, we’ll be able to follow up with you on next steps.

Please do let us know if you have any questions in the meantime though, and thank you for contacting Plugable.

Thanks!
-Andrew T.
Plugable Technologies

logs send to support with ticket information