Plugable Thunderbolt 4 Hub is causing my LG 5K monitor to lag and skip

I need help badly. I just purchased the Plugable Thunderbolt 4 hub for my Dell M77780 and for my 5K LG 50” curved monitor. I purchased it based on the Thunderbolt 4 feature. The Plugable Thunderbolt 4 is not working as it should. Instead, the video skips and lags when using programs such as Ableton 12 Live.

This is clearly a driver issue. The video works fine when I use the Dell Replicator Port with a Thunderbolt 3 interface. I have the most updated version of Windows 11. I will have to r eturn the Plugable Thunderbolt 4 hub if I cannot get this issue resolved because it is useless to me as is.

Thanks, Doug

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting! We are sorry things are not working as expected while using your Plugable Thunderbolt 4 hub, and we would be happy to help.

Thank you as well for the detail that you have already provided, it is much appreciated.

Based on your description of the behavior, our next step is to get some additional information.

Can you please send an email to our direct support email address → support@plugable.com with ‘For ticket #- 428578’ in the subject line that contains the following information?:

1. The Amazon Order ID number for your Plugable Thunderbolt 4 hub purchase

For your reference, that information is typically available from here → https://amazon.com/orders

1. The specific model number of your LG display

For example, ‘LG 45GS95QE-B’

If you are unsure which model you are using, that information is typically printed on the back of the display

1. While the Plugable Thunderbolt 4 hub is connected to your Dell computer and the LG display is connected to the hub (even if not working as expected), the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

That information will help us to determine the next steps.

*** Please do not post the information we requested above here in our public forum (it contains personally identifiable information) ***

Apologies for the frustration, and thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies