Plugable Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station w/Power Delivery will not work at all w/ 13-inch 2017 MacBook Pro laptop w/2 Thunderbolt ports

Hello,

I just received the Plugable Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station w/Power Delivery today. I have a 13-inch 2017 MacBook Pro laptop with two Thunderbolt 3 ports. I also have two HDMI monitors. I have followed all instructions and, unfortunately, I cannot get the Docking Station to interact with my laptop or peripheries at all (it won’t even charge my laptop, let alone allow it to connect to even a USB wireless mouse). I suppose I just need to return the item but I wanted to check in with you first to see if there’s anything that I might be able to do to get it to work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear about the issues! If it turns about to be an issue with the dock, we’re happy to help with either a pre-tested replacement, or helping with a return for a refund, whichever you’d prefer.

A couple quick questions to determine the best way to proceed:

1. Are the LED lights on the front of the dock both illuminated? (These are to indicate if the unit is receiving power and has a data connection to the laptop.)

2. If possible, it would be great to see the System Report from your Mac with the dock attached. (“Apple” menu -> About this Mac -> System Report… -> File/Save)

Please email the System Profile to support@plugable.com at your convenience and we’ll have a look and provide the best next steps to take.

Thanks!

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Display Link to HDMI - Second Monitor - Not Working.

I just received the Plugable Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station w/Power Delivery today. I have a 13-inch 2017 MacBook Pro laptop with two Thunderbolt 3 ports. I also have two HDMI monitors. I have followed all instructions and, unfortunately, I cannot get my second monitor to work via the Display port to HDMI cord. The other monitor is working fine via a Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter. Thank you in advance for any assistance.