Plugable not working with 10.8.4

We have 4 macs that have Plugable USB 2.0 DisplayLinks connected to them. All for have lost the signals to projectors/monitors. They do not show up in the “Systems Preferences” like before and “detect displays” does nothing. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling on all macs but can not get a signal. Both the Software (The latest available on the site) and hardware shows up in the “Systems information.” The only thing I can think thats changed is when we upgraded from 10.8.3 to 10.8.4.

Please advise

Hi Ed-

Thanks for posting with your issue, and sorry to hear that updating from 10.8.3 to 10.8.4 seems to have caused the DisplayLink based adapters to stop working.

We’ve not encountered any similar issues with updating to 10.8.4 on our lab systems, so I’m hopeful that we’ll be able to find a solution with some quick troubleshooting.

Thanks for mentioning that you’ve already tried an uninstall/reinstall of the driver. If you could please choose a system to use for troubleshooting, connect the adapter, and send a mail to support@plugable.com with the output from the DisplayLink Support Tool attached, I can review these details to see what might be going wrong and recommend where to go from here.

Instructions to download and use the support tool are here:
http://plugable.com/support/tools/dis…

Best wishes-

Jeff Everett
Plugable Technologies

Hi Ed (and to any other users who may have had issues with DisplayLink adapters after updating to OS X 10.8.4)

I was just checking in on the DisplayLink forums and saw you’d reported the same issue there. Just for future reference, I hope you’ll find that our support is more responsive (companies like Plugable support end-users, while chip makers like display link aren’t always able to, as device companies like us are the first line of defense). http://www.displaylink.org/forum/show…

Thanks for posting that using the permissions repair tool in OS X helped in your case. Most users have not needed to do this, however it’s great to know in case anyone is having issues after updating from 10.8.3 to 10.8.4.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know if we can assist in the future.

Best wishes-

Jeff Everett
Plugable Technologies

I recently bought a Macbook Air with 10.8.4, and although the display works, the audio does not and the video is very choppy, like a VNC connection.

Is this normal, or should the video be smooth? I also noticed that if I plug my wireless keyboard and mouse dongle into the dock, the cursor response is very choppy and unusable. If I plug the same dongle into the Macbook Air, it is crisp and fluid in its motion. Is this normal behavior?

I really want to like the Pluggable dock (because it is so affordable and it was well-reviewed on Amazon), but I will have to return it if the audio is broken, and the video and USB functions are unusable.

This is a great conversation that’s separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion.

Best-

Jeff Everett
Plugable Technologies Please reference the new topic here: USB Graphics Performance on OS X