Plugable Hub Won't Charge or Sync Apple Devices

I have used a Plugable USB 2.0 10 Port Hub for a few years to connect cordless mice, keyboards and Apple devices (iPad, iPhone) to my PC. Several months ago, however, it seems that the hub stopped recognizing any kind of Apple-related device, such as 30-pin or Lightning cables, as well as a Belkin iPhone 5 dock. The hub will not charge or sync these devices.

(Please note that the hub still functions properly with other devices, including mice, keyboards, flash drives, etc. As well, the Apple cables/docks work correctly when plugged directly into my laptop’s USB ports.)

Do I need to install new drivers for this hub? Or, is there another solution that will help?

Thanks for your assistance.

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your question about the 10-port hub. I’m sorry you have having problems with it.

Generally, the hub won’t charge iPhones or iPads (or will charge them too slowly to make a difference), especially with the 30-pin cables, but it should allow you to sync with them, and the fact it is still working with those other devices does point to a likely driver issue.

We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. Please plug the hub into your computer, and one of your Apple devices into the hub, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Please send the resulting .zip file to our support address support@plugable.com and put “For Ticket 42458” in the subject line so it gets routed correctly.

Thank you,
David
Plugable Support