I have a PC that i want to connect to 3 monitors.
I bought the plugable hub and 3 hdmi adaptors.
I have tried a multitude of ways to try and connect and get this working but it doesnt seem to help.
i have connected 1 monitor via DVI and the rest via USB hdmi adaptor and keep getting no signal.
Thanks for contacting Plugable support! I’m sorry to hear about this display issue through your Plugable docking station, but I’d be happy to help.
Thank you for the clear description of the issue.
Does the Plugable device work correctly when not using an HDMI adapter?
Does the dock work with at least one monitor connected to the system?
Based on your report, the first step we’ll want to take is to make sure that the software used by the dock is in a good state by reinstalling the DisplayLink software and running the DisplayLink cleaner tool. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system, and please remove the power cable from the dock, so it turns off completely (this is important, so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel > Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool (https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+Installation+Cleaner+9.1.1462.exe)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot your computer (even if not prompted to)
- Download and install the 10.0 M0 DisplayLink software (https://plugable.s3.amazonaws.com/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+USB+Graphics+Software+for+Windows+10.0+M0.exe)
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect the dock to your system
If these steps help, great! If not, I’d like to request some logs from your system to investigate further. Could you please keep the Plugable dock connected to your system (with the non-working displays attached), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool (https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) and follow the instructions there? Please set the email subject as “Ticket#334255.” This will allow me to continue troubleshooting.
Thanks for giving us a chance to help!