Plugable Docking Station not recognizing monitor (Windows 10)

I have the Plugable USB 3.0 docking station, a monitor, wireless keyboard, and an Asus Taichi 31 Notebook. Everything was working fine until I had to disconnect my laptop and take to an out of town work meeting. I left the docking station turned on.

Upon returning, I plugged the laptop back in (USB cord & power cord), I turned on the laptop and hit the Windows Key + P key to select “second screen only”. It no longer recognizes my monitor and instead selects the glass display on the laptop lid.

I called our off-site tech support people who couldn’t figure it out. They had me unplug the VGA cord from the monitor and plug it back in, which temporarily fixed the issue. This morning, I am having the same issue. Unplugging and plugging back in the VGA cord did not solve the issue.

What am I doing wrong?

Hello Gerianne,

Thanks for posting! I’m sorry your docking station isn’t working as expected, but I’m here to help.

Based on your description of the behavior, our next step is to get more information from your system. To do so, please email the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug (http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) to support@plugable.com (please reference Ticket #170552 in the subject), which will help us determine the next steps.

Thank you!

Raul

Posting this here for others who may run in to this issue. We were able to solve the issue with this unique system by re-configuring the display settings both while the system was docked and stand-alone.

If you are reading this and seeing similar unresolvable problems with a similar system (this laptop has two built-in displays), please contact us at support@plugable.com so we can help!