something odd happened last night at home with my computer on the docking station. and it went blank, could not revive, woudl not undock, and I needed to manually reboot it. When I arrived at work I had the same problems as before.
To troubleshoot. I turned on a default aero theme, no help. uninstalled and reinstalled Plugable. No help. Then I made monitor three the main display, and then changed the resolution of monitor two (the one that was turning off because it was not getting an input). this made it work!
I’m writing thise here to refer to it again if the problem arises inthe future. while I am at it, I’ll paste your message to me from support @plugable. scrub/edit it as appropriate.
Thanks for sending the logs! The main Graphics driver as well as the Displaylink drivers are all very old versions. You need to install the latest drivers.
- First download and install the latest drivers for your Primary Graphics Card-:
The latest drivers for Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 7 (64-bit) for your laptop ( LENOVO - 2985F4U ) can be downloaded via the following link -: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downl…
- After restarting the system after the installation of the Intel drivers, let’s try to uninstall old versions of DisplayLink drivers and do a clean install. Here are the steps for that-:
- Click on the following link to download the DisplayLink install cleaner. http://displaylink.com/techsupport_fi…
- Once the download is complete, unzip the downloaded file and run the DisplayLink install cleaner.
- Download the latest DisplayLink driver 5.6M1 from http://www.displaylink.com/support/do… and run it to install this driver.
- After installing the latest DisplayLink driver, please run theWin 7 Aero troubleshooter and see if that identifies/fixes any problems and helps? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wi…
Currently the logs say that Windows Aero is disabled. If Aero is disabled on Windows Vista/Windows 7, the OS automatically disables the Desktop Window Manager which many of the latest display drivers depend on to render graphics. So please ensure that Windows Aero is enabled.
After installing the latest drivers and ensuring Aero is enabled, connect the Plugable UGA-125 and check if the issue still persists. If it does,please run the DisplayLink support tool (instructions here: http://plugable.com/support/tools/dis… ) and email the .zip to us. This will help us in confirming if the changes have been made on the software side and what else could be causing this unusual issue.
Please also let us know if the issue has been fixed.
Looking forward to your reply!