Plugable Communicator U3 - HDD Drive Does Not Show in Win7

Just purchased this unit. When I plug the device into my USB port, Windows7 recognizes the device and installs it. However, there is no indication that my SATA HDD drive is recognized. My drive does not show up in the list of drives from the My Computer list of drives. Please help!

Hi Lyria,

Thanks for posting your question about our Hard Drive Docking Station, we’ll be able to help. The first question I have is whether the disk is new or if it already has data.

If it already has data, is it from a Windows based machine?

If it’s new the disk will need to be formatted, an easy way to do this is as follows:

1. Type “disk management” in the search box of the start menu and press enter.

2. In the window that opens, scroll down until you see your disk, it will probably be labeled “unallocated”.

3. Right click on the unallocated space on the drive and choose “Format”. This will start a wizard that will walk you through creating a file system on the disk.

Let me know if this helps, and any details about the disk, if it’s new, or what type of computer it was used on and we’ll figure out our next steps.

Thanks
Jerome.

Plugable Technologies

That’s the first thing I did but it doesn’t show up there, or in device manager :frowning:
It’s likely the problem is that I’m using a 3TB drive and it doesn’t really support all sata drives.

Does the light on the device stay green? For me, the light turns off when I put the hard drive in the slot…

Hi Vanley,

I’ll work with you to get your SATA dock issue resolved on your other thread here:
http://support.plugable.com/plugable/…

Thanks!
Jerome.