Plugable cable

Both computers won’t connect

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. I’m sorry for the trouble here, and I’d be glad to help you! First, I would suggest to download and install the latest version of the software from this link: https://plugable.com/pages/usb-easy-transfer-cable-software.

This latest software improves compatibility so I would strongly suggest to install it on both computes, and give both computers a restart. Then, try the connection again after restarting. After that, let’s try the following steps to see if we can get the connection going.

• Try plugging the cable into different USB ports on both computers to see if that allows the connection to go through, and let’s swap the cable ends around as well. This is a pretty basic first step, but it can really make the difference and hopefully get you going.

Another important thing to try, is to run the program as an administrator. You can do this by right clicking the application, and choose, “run as administrator” (The transfer program grants direct access to files, so Windows User Account control may flag it, and keep it from running.)

Finally, if these steps don’t work, let’s try temporarily disabling any antivirus/firewall/security software on both computers. The software can definitely be enabled again, and if the connection works properly, you may need to just add an exception for the Transfer Software to your security program.

I hope this helps! Please let me know what happens.

Thank you,

Kevin
Product Owner
Plugable Support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.