Plugable BCM20702A0 rendered WORTHLESS with latest Windows 10 update.

I purchased an BCM20702A0, plugable Bluetooth Adapter, for use with my ASUS ROG G75VW-BH17N07, and all was working fine until the most recent update from MS Windows. Now, the bluetooth adapter does NOT work. Windows keeps giving an error saying that your plugable device will ONLY work with USB 2.0 ports. This must be erroneous because the adapter was working find until latest update! Here is the current info for the version of Windows 10 – Windows 10 Pro, version 1709, OS Build 16299.248. HELP? as your device is now rendered completely worthless.

I too have a problem with the Plugable Blouetooth adapter. Device manager shows an error code 10. “This device cannot start”. “Profiling not started.”

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 1709
Build 16299.248

Hello,

Thank you for posting here. Windows Update often re-enables previously disabled devices or changes settings, causing devices to suddenly stop working. Generally we can find the issue and fix it.

When Windows sees a USB 2.0 device in a USB 3.0 port and can’t figure out what’s wrong with it, it frequently gives that line about only working with USB 2.0 ports. The fact is that USB 3.0 is completely backward compatible with USB 2.0, although some poorly-shielded USB 3.0 ports can cause problems with the adapter by leaking radio noise in the same frequency Bluetooth uses.

Since there are two people on this thread, and since each case is likely different and require different troubles shooting steps, could you each please contact me directly at support@plugable.com? I would also like to ask you to run our diagnostic program and send me the file. Here is the link to it:

https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug/

Thank you,
David Roberts
Plugable Technologies
Product Owner, USB-BT4LE Bluetooth adapter

I fixed the problem by uninstalling the USB-BT4LE_win8.1_10_x64 driver set, unplugging the dongle, restarting Windows, then plugging the dongle back in. It came up all by itself without installing anything additional.

Hi James,

Thank you for letting me know. I’m glad you got it working!

David

I’m going to close this thread. If there are any additional questions or issues, please to hesitate to contact us directly at support@plugable.com. Thanks!