Plugable Base Thunderbolt 3 - Monitor connected to plugable display-port to hdmi not working

Hi,

I recently bought the Plugable Base Thunderbolt 3 docking station. I have the following equipment:

The 2 monitors connected successfully to my Mac for a week or 2, though many times one of the monitors would randomly turn itself off and I would have to plug and unplug the cable to get it to work again. Up until today, where the monitor having issues has decided to stop connecting.

The problematic monitor is connected from an HDMI cable to the plugable hdmi to display-port adapter that came in the box and to the docking station.

The monitor that doesn’t pose any problems has an HDMI to thunderbolt cable which connects from the monitor to the docking station thunderbolt port.

I’ve tried the following:

• Connect disconnect cables (power for more than 60 seconds, thunderbolt and display-port adapter)
  • Connect-disconnect cables and restart laptop
  • Install DisplayLink drivers from Plugable
  • Connect the problematic monitor to the docking station via an hdmi to thunderbolt adapter to verify it working properly. Discarding the issue with the monitor.

None of these seem to work.

I’ll be sending you my system report via a file with my account name.

Please advise, many thanks!

I’ve tested with a screen that accepts display-port output directly into plugable’s display-port socket and it works, so I think it has to do with the display-port to hdmi adapter that came in the box.

Hi Marcos,

Thank you for posting! I am sorry to hear things are not working as expected while using your Plugable Thunderbolt 3 docking station and I would be happy to help.

Thank you as well for the detail you provided and the follow-up testing you have performed, that is much appreciated.

I can see that you have also reached out to us directly via support@plugable.com (as you mention), and I have just sent you my direct reply.

Moving forward, please only respond to my direct email in order to help keep all communication in one place.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.