Plugable 7 port usb doesn't work.

I just replaced a USB hub with a Plugable 7 port hub. Now, non of the devices on the hub work. I am using windows 7. I don’t see the controller on the device manage. It shows the following for the USB section:

Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Controller
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
USB Composite Device
USB Mass Storage Device
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub

All devices indicate that they are working properly. When I ask to update each driver, I get a message saying that the driver is already uptodate.
Help

Hi John,

Thanks for posting your question here, we’ll be happy to assist. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your 7 port hub, thanks for sending in all the great troubleshooting data. Can you say what the state of the LEDs on the unit are?

If you unplug all the cables from the hub and then just connect the AC power to the hub, does the red light come on? Then, connect the hub to your computer. Next connect a simple USB device like a wired USB mouse. There should be a blue light on the hub once it’s installed and working.

What are you seeing when you do that sequence of steps? With this extra detail, we’ll be able to determine the best way to get you up and running.

Thanks,
Jerome.

Plugable Technologies