I have downloaded and installed the latest driver (DisplayLink 7.9 M4) and I still have the problem. In device manager, it shows problems with audio and Ethernet. I have deleted and rescanned these devices, I have checked for newer drivers, nothing seems to help.
Thanks for posting. I’m sorry docking station isn’t working as expected. I would be happy to help!
Based on your description the first step is to perform a ‘clean’ install of the DisplayLink driver (which includes the Audio and Ethernet components) to see if that changes the behavior. Please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall the DisplayLink Core software from the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here --> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/… (video walk-through -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Run Windows Update (Start > Settings > Update & security). Reboot if/when prompted. Repeat this process until there are no new updates found. This is important as Microsoft has been releasing frequent updates to Windows 10.
- Now download and install the 7.9 M4 DisplayLink software, found here --> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/…
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system when prompted by the installer which will trigger the final portion of the installation
Let us know if that helps when you have a moment, and we’ll go from there.
I forgotten about the Cleaner software. I went through the steps outlined here being careful to power off the hub, reboot my machine at the prescribed times, and not connect until instructed to do so. The results are actually worse than were I started. I can’t test the speakers because now the screen flashed and my cursor resets to the center of the screen every three seconds when connected to the USB Hub making it pretty difficult to do anything with the system. When I disconnect from the hub, everything works on my laptop as expected but when I reconnect, the same experience. I have tried rebooting both while connected and while disconnected, but no change in behavior.
Thanks for getting back. It sounds like you are running into a bug we recently identified. I wrote about the behavior and the workaround here -> http://plugable.com/2016/01/19/flashi…
If you follow the steps in that guide, does that help with the behavior?
Deleted the two Registry branches as instructed in the workaround and rebooted. Now everything is working great including the Plugable Audio. Thank you so much for your prompt assistance!
Thanks for getting back with the update. I’m glad everything is working properly now, and thank you for your patience during the process.
Please let us know if you need any help in the future!