My plugable 3.0 was working great but now it is not. My wife plugged the system into her computer to print and now my computer won’t detect it when I plug it in. I’ve tried resetting it by unplugging it for 30 seconds and I’ve also tried updating the drivers. I’m not sure what my next step should be.
Thanks for posting! I am sorry your docking station stopped working as expected, and I would be happy to help.
The behavior you describe is certainly not normal, curious if we can get to the bottom of things. One quick thing to try (if you haven’t already) is connecting the dock to a different USB port on your system to see if that helps.
If it doesn’t, our next step is to again reset the dock and then perform a ‘clean’ installation of the latest DisplayLink driver we recommend. I know you mentioned you have updated the driver already, but our process adds a few extra steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely (this is important so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin… and ensure it displays “Cleaning Complete” when done (video walk-through if you need it -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 8.2 M1 DisplayLink software, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation. If the device is not detected, please click the ‘Skip’ button to allow the process to complete and then reboot the system.
Please let us know if that helps when you have a moment, and we will determine the next steps from there.
Thank you in advance for your patience!