Plugable 2.0 USB holds boot up when plugged in.

When I boot my Win7 laptop, I have to unplug my"plugable" from the USB port before the computer will boob. Once Win7 starts to load, I can pllug it back in and AOK.

Hello Joe,

I am very sorry to hear this. Are we talking about a USB hub or a docking station?

Kind regards,
Patric
Plugable Technologies

USB hub. Sorry.

Hi Joe,

Not to worry, I just wanted to be sure before continuing on here. Is there typically anything plugged into the USB hub such as an external hard drive? If so, you can fix this very easily by disabling the boot option in your BIOS. Please let me know if this information helps.

Kind regards,
Patric
Plugable Technologies

Well, no external hard drive, but I had USB electronic key. I moved it to a side port from a pivotal port and OK now. Thanks for stirring my grey matter.

Hello Joe,

You are welcome. You can also take a look at your BIOS settings, specifically your boot settings. You should be able to modify your boot hierarchy as well as exclude certain devices from being recognized as boot devices. This will help you eliminate the possibility of the computer trying to boot of a USB stick or hard drive in the future.

Kind regards,
Patric
Plugable Technologies