Plugabke UD-3900Z Dock

Plugged my new dock with my 3 monitors

• Only 2 work together with my laptop display making 3 total displays. One doesn´t work . (It´s the last one plugged, I change the order and the one that doesn´t work change).
  • I close the lid to see if it´s maximum displays by SO (Windows 11) and it´s not. Still 2 monitors work
  • I unplug the non working monitor HDMI and plug it to my notebook´s HDMI socket and they now work 3 Monitors, even with Notebook display on, making a total 4

I guess that´s not the most efficient way and still I should be able to use the 3rd HDMI port on my dock. Can you help ?

Notebook is Acer Nitro 5 I9 32GB

Hi Agustín,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I’m sorry the dock isn’t working as expected, and I’ll be happy to assist.

The title of this post says UD-3900Z which is a dual-HDMI docking station, but from your post it sounds like the dock you have has three video output ports. Can you please confirm the model number of Plugable docking station you have? This information should be printed on the label on the bottom of the docking station.

Can you also please confirm which of the HDMI ports on the dock is the one having the issue? Usually the HDMI ports on Plugable docks will be labelled; for example they would say “HDMI 1”, “HDMI 2”, or “HDMI 3” next to them.

Lastly, are you using the USB cable that was originally included in the package with the dock to connect it to your laptop? I ask because we’ve seen issues with other cables in the past.

My apologies for the frustration, and thank you for giving us the chance to assist!

Sam
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.