Phillips LF9172 TRS microphone not working with Plugable USB Audio Adapter

I cannot get my microphone to work with the Plugable USB audio adapter. It is a TRS jack (Phillips LFH9172) when I try to use it I get no feedback looking at “recording devices” on three different Windows 10 computers. The microphone works fine on other computers not using the USB audio adapter. Any suggestions on how to make this work? Thank you very much.

Forgot to mention I tried a different microphone with the USB audio adapter and it did work.

Hello Jeanie,

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding the Plugable USB Audio Adapter (https://plugable.com/products/usb-audio)! I did some research into the microphone you’re using, and I think I know what’s going on. Based on the information I can find, it looks like that microphone requires phantom power which is not supplied over the Plugable USB Audio Adapter. I apologize, as it looks like that Phillips LFH9172 microphone is not compatible with the USB audio adapter.

If you’d like, I’d be happy to process a return and provide a shipping label to have it sent back to us, as I wouldn’t want you left with an adapter you couldn’t use or otherwise didn’t meet your expectations. If you’d like me to do this, send an email to support@plugable.com with your Order ID and we’ll be happy to assist!

Regards,

Patrick
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to reach out to Jeanie regarding the issue on this thread, but we have not received a response back. If Jeanie or anyone else is experiencing the same issue, please let us know by contacting us directly at support@plugable.com, and we would be happy to assist!

Thank you for your patience,

Patrick
www.plugable.com/support