Periodic flicker with Win10 (xps9550 and dual DVI adapter)

I’m using an xps9550 laptop with the plugable dual-DVI thunderbolt 3 adapter. It connects fine, but the entire laptop/monitor setup will periodically flicker for no reason. It’s as if it disconnects/reconnects despite no physical change in the connection. I know it isn’t a loose cable because the flicker will occur when I am 10 feet from my desk and haven’t touched a thing for 30 minutes. Everything goes black, then only the laptop screen will display. Then it goes black again and all monitors are back to displaying. The entire process takes 4-5 seconds, which is quite disrupting and annoying.

I have the latest firmware for the Thunderbolt Software. Is this a common problem and is there a known fix? I was under the understanding that this adapter worked flawlessly with the xps9550

The model number of the plugable adapter is tbt3-dp2x

Anyone? How do I get in touch with support?

Hello,

Thanks for posting! I can see you have also reached out to us directly at support@plugable.com, and I have already sent my direct reply with the next steps. Please only respond to my direct reply so we can keep all communication in the same place.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support