Periodic and frustrating disconnect/reconnect

Just received the dock a few days ago. Laptop is a Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen1 AMD. Dock is connected to the laptop via USB-C. Items connected to the dock are: Two BENQ GL2780 Monitors connected via DP, a Logitech USB transceiver for wireless keyboard/mouse, Ethernet connection and Jabra Evolve 20 SE Headset connected via USB.

The issue is. I can be typing, browsing a webpage, on a remote connection, in the middle of a Teams call or just doing nothing and I’ll get the Windows chime of a USB disconnect/reconnect. This can happen just once and be fine for a while or occur several times in a row. It’s terribly frustrating that while in the middle of a call or typing the system effectively locks up for several seconds. It may do this once or 2-3 times in a row. The displays never dim and the dock is not loosing power.

The laptop is, to my knowledge, up to date with all drivers and firmware. I thought it may be a power issue with the dock providing power/connectivity but the original Lenovo Laptop charger is rated at 65Watts max output. The Plugable dock is rated at 100Watts to the device.

Please advise as to what steps I can take to stabilize my system with the dock.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. If able, please plug the dock with your devices attached to it into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

When emailing us the diagnostics results please mention ticket #373642 in the subject line, don’t attach the diagnostics here! I can then take a look and hopefully offer some suggestions on how to resolve this behavior.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.