PCI USB 3.0 repeated driver failure

I have a 4-port PCIe USB 3.0 add-in card. When I first got it I was able to install and use it with no problems. Every couple of weeks, though, the driver fails to load, most recently with the (Device Manager) message: “This device is disabled because the firmware of the device did not give it the required resources. (Code 29).” Last week I found and flashed the new firmware version, and the controller worked for about 5 days. On Monday it stopped again with the same message as above. When I try to run the USB 3.0 Host Controller Utility it tells me that no controller is found, so I can’t even check the firmware version. Firmware can’t revert to an older version on its own, can it? I’m a professional photographer and my backup drives are connected to this controller, so I need to get it running reliably or replace it with a controller that will.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for posting your question here! We neither manufacture nor sell PCIE cards and are not related to the product that you have in any way.

It would be best to contact the seller or manufacturer of your PCIE card for help in troubleshooting the issue for a resolution.

If you ever need any help or information regarding any of our products listed at http://plugable.com/products, please do feel free to shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We would be glad to help!

Regards,
Roze