Outer box issue?

monitor does not recognize signal, after switching out the outer box with another it worked

Hi skgarvey,

Thanks for contacting Plugable Support. Can you give me a few more details about the problem you’re having? For instance:

1. Which Plugable product do you have?

2. What type of computer and Operating System are you using?

3. What type of monitor?

4. What is the state now? Is it working?

Thanks for your replies to these questions, with this additional information, we’ll be able to determine next steps.

Thanks,
Jerome.

1. UGA-125

2. HP 6460b Laptop and Win7

3. HP L1951

4. Is not working, the laptop loads the driver (even downloaded from the website) the monitor scans for signals and cannot find one. I plugged the monitor in directly to the docking station (via a VGA cable) and it received a signal. I tried the device on a desktop and had no luck with that either

Hi Again,

Thanks for the additional information.

Can you tell me what happens when you plug in the adapter? The questions I have are:

1. Does Windows “see” the device and do a Driver Installation? If so what is the result?

2. Does the DisplayLink Manager application appear in the system tray? That is, do you see a light blue square in the bottom right corner of the screen near the clock? If you hover over it does it say “Plugable UGA-125”. If so, there are settings here that may not be set properly. Check to be sure the monitor is not set to off.

Let me know what you see and I’ll be happy to continue troublesooting with you!
Thanks for your patience!

Jerome.

Windows does see the device and installs the driver. There is no icon in bottom right, once again, when I switched the outer box with a different one it works fine. Could the box be bad even though it was just opened.

Hi skgarvey,

Do you have a second UGA-125 that you are using for testing? Can you give me a little more information about the different one you are switching with that works fine? Also, can you look in device manager and see how the device is listed?

Here’s how:

1. Go to the Start Menu, type “device manager” in the search box.

2. Click on Device Manager in the results that are presented.

3. There should be a category called “USB Display Adapter” and by clicking on this heading you should see a “Plugable UGA-125” listed. If you double click on this entry, and then go to properties, what is listed for Hardware ID? It’s the second choice in the drop down list.

Thanks for this additional information!

Jerome.