OSX 10.8.2 wont boot with 7-Port USB 3.0 plugged in

I just got the 7 port USB 3.0 powered hub and my new Mac Book Pro will not start up with this hub plugged in. I need to boot up first and then plug in the hub. What is going on here?

Hi Lou,

Thanks for posting here! I’m sorry to know about the issue you are seeing. Let’s figure out what is causing the issue.

Some quick questions to understand the setup and the issue better:

1. What are the make and models (or specs) of the devices that are connected via the Plugable 7 Port USB 3.0 Hub?

2. Are any wireless or Bluetooth dongles/devices connected via the Plugable 7 Port USB 3.0 Hub or on ports adjacent to the USB 3.0 port where the Plugable 7 Port USB 3.0 Hub has been plugged in ?

3. Unplug all the devices that are connected via the Plugable 7 Port USB 3.0 Hub. Connect the Plugable 7 Port USB 3.0 Hub (to which no devices have been connected) to the system and restart. Does the system boot up without issues or does the issue persist?

4. If the system boots up without any issues when it is connected to the Plugable 7 Port USB 3.0 Hub that has no devices connected, could you connect one device at a time to the Plugable 7 Port USB 3.0 Hub, restart the system and let us know if the issue occurs when a particular device is connected through the Plugable 7 Port USB 3.0 Hub.

Once you reply with this information, we will figure out the next steps.

Regards,
Roze