Only display works with device

Several of my devices (webcam, speakers, wireless mouse) don’t seem to work when plugged into my usb 2.0 docking station. Plugable USB 2.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station with DisplayLink DVI/VGA up to 1920x1080, Audio, Ethernet, and 4 Available High-Speed USB 2.0 Ports UD-160-A I am running Windows 7 on an acer aspire laptop. bought this hub so that I would only have to plug and unplug one cord. Bleah.

Hi Jane-

Thanks for contacting Plugable. I’m confident we can get you up and running with just a little bit more information.

First, I just want to verify whether any of the accessories that aren’t working are totally new, or if they had all been in use on the same Acer previously? Basically my concern here is just to make sure all the appropriate drivers had already been installed before you got the dock.

The first troubleshooting step I’d like to take is to have you test each individual USB input on the dock using a WIRED mouse or keyboard. The green light (underneath the large blue one) on the front of the dock should light up whenever there is a USB device being recognized.

So, just to be clear on this part:

1. Disconnect all the other accessories besides the display (no webcam, speakers, etc)

2. Try the USB keyboard or mouse in each individual USB input on the dock 1 at a time. Please note whether the green light is coming on when you connect to each individual input.

Once we’ve verified whether the individual ports on the device are working providing next steps should be no problem.

Again, thanks for contacting Plugable!

Jeff Everett

Hi Jeff,

With a wired mouse none of the ports work and the green light does not come on.

Hi Jane-

Very interesting, thanks for the extra details. Based on the device’s architecture that’s not what we’d have expected. I assume the larger blue light on the docking station is on? If not please let me know.

One last troubleshooting step should help us figure out what we need to do to resolve this. Can you please run the Display Link Support Tool and email the files it creates as well as the Amazon order ID from your initial purchase to support@plugable.com?

I’d like to see exactly what parts of the docking station your computer is able to detect properly.

Instructions for the support tool are here: http://plugable.com/support/tools/dis…

The actual download for the tool is here:
http://extranet.displaylink.com/techs…

Once we have these final details we should be able to figure out a solution.

Thanks!

Jeff Everett