Only able to get 10/100 ethernet on UD-CAM

Hello,

I’ve noticed that regardless of which system I hook-up to the UD-CAM (my 2019 Macbook Pro or my late-2018 HP Spectre x360 running Arch Linux) via USB-C my ethernet connection manages only 10/100.

This really jumped out at me when I tried out my portable USB-C dock for my travel setup - it has pass-through charging, hdmi, extra usb ports, and ethernet (almost the same as the UD-CAM less audio) - and when I hook it up to the same laptops at my desk, I get the full gigabit connection with the same ethernet cable.

Is there anything I’m missing here? Everything works well otherwise with the UD-CAM. My ultrawide 3440x1440 monitor is driven at a full 60hz, charging works, and USB devices function fine. The only issue is the slow ethernet connection.

I’d love to keep using my UD-CAM, but now that I’m working from home almost full time due to the pandemic it’s extra painful running at 10/100 speeds when I have a gigabit internet connection.

Thanks,
Robert

1 Like

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting. I appreciate the clear description of the issue and the troubleshooting you’ve already done.

The first steps we’ll want to take are to perform a power-cycle of the unit. We’ve seen that this can often restore the dock back to a better state when one or more of its functions are not quite working or not performing well. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect all USB peripherals and Ethernet connection connected to the dock
  2. Disconnect docking station from host machine, then disconnect the power adapter from power
  3. Leave unplugged for 1 minute for power to dissipate
  4. Connect docking station initially into power only
  5. Connect docking station to host machine, then connect USB peripherals and the Ethernet connection, then test for speeds

Please let me know if this helps at all and we can take the next steps from there.

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.