I’m having this issue with both a UGA-4KDP and a UGA-4KHDMI.
Using 2 different computers, I’m not able to connect to my monitor at over 640x480 resolution. I’ve tried updating drivers, trying different cables, different connections, etc. all to no avail. What makes sense for next steps?
Hello, thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of this strange issue and I’ll be happy to help!
Based off of the description we will want to make sure that the DisplayLink software is in a good state by running the below cleaner steps. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the adapter(s) from the system. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel → Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here → http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?d=64
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 8.5 M2 DisplayLink software, found here → https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+USB+Graphics+Software+for+Windows+8.5+M2.exe
- Reconnect one of the adapters to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation
If these steps help, great! If not, we’ll want to examine some log files to see if they can tell us what is happening. To help us do so please download and run our diagnostic utility PlugDebug → http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug with everything connected and please attach the output of our diagnostic utility to an email to ‘email@example.com’ with subject line ‘Ticket #235118.’ We’ll match everything up and determine next steps from there.