One of two external monitors intermittently does not

HP Spectre x360 - 13t-ap000 CTO
Window 11 Pro
Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621
Integrated graphics card: Intel UHD Graphics 620
DisplayLink Graphics Version 11.0.2412.0
Connected to UD-ULTCDL via USB-C
All drivers up to date according to:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-ap0000-x360-convertible-pc/23238155/model/24682469?sku=4CJ13AV&serialnumber=5CD9365XKN
HP Support Assistant
Windows Update

When docked, I use the integrated monitor in the laptop and two Dell E2318HX. One of the Dell monitors is set as the main monitor.

The main monitor intermittently stays black when I move the mouse or keyboard after Windows turns off my monitors based on my power settings. The other monitors come back on without issue. Please note: sleep mode is completely disabled. I have not yet been able to ascertain any pattern to when this intermittent issue is more likely to occur.

Although this is the first time I am posting this, the issue is longstanding and preceded the upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11?

I can reliably resolve the issue by power cycling the UD-ULTCDL but would prefer not to encounter it at all. Do you have any troubleshooting suggestions?

Extra credit question: Why doesn’t the UD-ULTCDL have a button to power down an/or reboot?

Hi Dan,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I am sorry to hear that your UD-ULTCDL docking station is not functioning as expected, and would be happy to provide additional support.

To help diagnose the issue, may I ask you to please keep the device connected to your laptop and everything still attached (even if not working as expected) and send us the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug? → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

Once you have the logs, simply send an email to support@plugable.com with the subject line of “Ticket 405259” so that we can prioritize that case and match it to this inquiry.

If you could provide your Amazon Order ID (or other proof of purchase) associated with your Plugable device, I would be happy to check on your warranty status as well.

Regarding the power button, our docks are designed to provide easy access to a hotdesk or work-from-home setup, and are typically not powered down.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.