One monitor turns off after several hours of use, won't turn back on

Just got this dock when I got a new 4k main display. I am using it on a 2021 16-inch M1 Max Macbook Pro. I am using the included 100W power supply. It drives 2 monitors, but my main monitor will, after a few hours of use, go black. The monitor says it still has a signal, but I can’t get anything to display on it after this happens unless I go into my display settings on the Mac and change from 60hz to 50hz and back to 60hz. Then the display comes back on.

Not sure why this is happening? Is there firmware I need to update or anything like that to fix this problem?

Hello,

Thank you for posting! I am sorry things are not working as expected while using your Plugable TBT4-UD5 docking station, and I would be happy to help.

A quick important note, previously you said:

“I am using the included 100W power supply.”

Plugable includes in the box with the TBT4-UD5 a 135W power adapter that powers the docking station. The included power adapter is not 100W.

Most recently you asked:

“Is there firmware I need to update or anything like that to fix this problem?”

At the time of this writing, there are no firmware updates for the TBT4-UD5 docking station. The behavior you describe is not expected, so our next step is to get some additional information.

Can you please send an email to our direct support email address → support@plugable.com with ‘For ticket #- 425428’ in the subject line that contains the following information?:

• The Amazon Order ID number for your TBT4-UD5 purchase

• The brand and specific model number of each of the monitors you are connecting to the TBT4-UD5

For example, ‘Dell U2415’ or ‘HP 24es’.

If you are unsure which specific models you are using, this information is typically printed on the back of the monitor.

• Of the two monitors connected, which specific model monitor (if they are different models) is the one that is affected by the unexpected behavior

• While the TBT4-UD5 is connected to your Mac and both external displays are connected to the TBT4-UD5 (even if not working as expected), the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

That information will help us to determine the next steps.

*** Please do not post the information we requested above here in our public forum (it contains personally identifiable information) ***

Apologies for the frustration, and thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

Email sent, thanks for the quick reply!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.