one monitor blackouts when starting computer for 15 mins

My left monitor takes 15 minutes to come to life when turning on my computer. I open my outlook on the right monitor, but the email pops into the left where I cannot see it. getting old very fast and have tried to download new software. any help would be great

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for contacting us. I’m sorry the one monitor isn’t starting correctly. I’d like to help.

Would it be possible to switch the connections to your monitors? For example, assuming you have one of our docking stations, if the first monitor is connected to the DVI port and the second is connected to the HDMI port can you switch it around so that first monitor is connected to the HDMI port and the second is connected to the DVI port to see if the behavior is any different?

I want to try and narrow down the cause to see if it is just one specific port (or adapter) that may be having the problem.

May I ask what specific brand and model monitors you are using and which one is currently having the issue?

Once you have had a chance to test, we have developed a utility called PlugDebug which gathers some information about your system. It is available from this link:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

At your convenience if you would follow the instructions on that page for your operating system and send an email to support@plugable.com
with the .ZIP file that the application creates and ticket 81153 in the subject line?

That will help us determine the next steps,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support