One Display is Always Too Narrow

Hi,

I have a Windows 10 laptop, and two widescreen (1600 x 900, 21 inch) monitors, an HP 2009m and and HP S2031. My intention is to use these two monitors with the laptop lid down and an external keyboard. Everything is working, except that the monitor that is plugged into the USB-VGA-165 shows a compressed display. The height is correct, but the width is narrow, with black columns on each side. I have tried exchanging the two monitors between the laptop VGA port and the USB-VGA-165. but this does not help. How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Iver

Hello Iver,

I am sorry to hear about this. Does it make a difference if you keep the laptop lid up? To get to the bottom of the problem I would need to take a closer look via PlugDebug which I can request in a separate email.

Kind regards,
Patric
Plugable Technologies

Hello again Ivar,

(Follow-up question:) Is the taskbar (on the bottom) also cut off or is your background image for your desktop not scaled to the monitor? Please also see this Youtube clip for further tips -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv3mo….

Kind regards,
Patric
Plugable Technologies

Patric,

I doesn’t matter if the lid is up or down. The taskbar on the bottom of the main display is present. Nothing is cut off. The background image is just squeezed, i.e. everything looks a bit skinny, and there is a column of unused screen space on each side of the displayed image.

I will post a PlugDebug tonight.

Iver

Hi Ivar,

Thank you for clearing this up. Just one more detail. Does the taskbar span across the entire screen width and is the desktop background set to fill the entire desktop space?

Kind regards,
Patric
Plugable Technologies

Patric,

Yes, and yes. Depending on which monitor is connected to the Plugable device, either the background and anything I display in it is squeezed, or the taskbar and background on the main display is squeezed.

Iver