Old computer won't recognize cd installation disk

I need to transfer files from old to new computer. The box pops up on my new windows 10 computer showing the disk is working but when I put the disk in my old windows 8 computer it shows nothing. Is there somewhere else I have to look on my old computer to see if it’s reading the disk? Thanks…

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I am really sorry for the trouble here, and would be glad to help. The disc is compatible with Windows 8, but, it is possible Autoplay is disabled or not working properly. If you go into File Explorer, and look at your drives you may see the disc available there and can double click on it to open it up.

You can also download to download our software from this link: http://easycomputersync.s3.amazonaws.com/EasySyncSetup.exe. This is a direct link to the setup file. It should just download in the background, and go into your Downloads folder. I hope this helps, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you,

Kevin
Plugable Support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.