nvidia shield not working with USB2-E1000 usb ethernet adapter

I purchased the USB2-E1000 because Nvidia and your company state it works with Nvidia Shield tablet right out of the box.

The adapter box says it has the ASIX AX88178 Chipset

I’m using an Anker OTG adapter to connect the USB2-E1000 to the Shield tablet.

I have an ethernet cable directly connected to my router. This cable and connection works with my laptop and smart TV so I know the line is active.

I turned off the WiFi radio on the Shield and connected the adapter

The green light blinks about every 4 seconds and I see the yellow activity light blinking also.

Unfortunately I have no connection. The tablet does not say anything about the adapter being connected. And when I run Chrome to browse the internet, I get a connection error.

Are there any settings needed to have the tablet see the adapter?

Hello Dave,

Thanks for reaching out to us and posting on our forums. I apologize for the issue you’re experiencing with the Plugable USB Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (https://plugable.com/products/usb2-e1000)! While we haven’t tested ourselves, we’ve had reports the Nvidia Shield line of products is compatible. From what I’ve researched, there shouldn’t be a need for additional settings changes in most circumstances, but it looks like some users have had to manually set up the connection in Settings > Network to add your network information. I apologize however, as I can’t say for certain what settings may need to be adjusted.

If after double checking the network settings things still don’t seem to work, can you try using the adapter with the laptop you mentioned? This would help eliminate the adapter hardware as a source of the issue, and if it’s working there we know we’re looking at a software or settings issue on the Shield side of things. Let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to working with you on this issue!

Regards,

Patrick
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Dave,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you’d like to revisit the issue please contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help!

Thanks,
Gary