Nothing works on start up of TBT4-UDZ

Just tried to set up a brand new TBT4-UDZ to connect to my Dell XPS using the Thunderbolt 4 cable and nothing seems to work: data cable/ monitor/ external keyboard & mouse are all dead. Only the white power light for the docking station comes on. I’ve updated the drivers (install_usb_win11_11013_20_07272023_08042023), restarted both the laptop & TBT4, still nothing.

Everything works fine with my old Plugable 3.0 (UD3900).

Hello,

Thank you for posting! I am sorry things are not working as expected while using your TBT4-UDZ docking station, and I would be happy to help.

Based on your description of the behavior, I have one quick question for you.

Can you please confirm that the included Thunderbolt 4 cable is connected to the single Thunderbolt 4 host connection port located on the front side of the TBT4-UDZ docking station?

I ask because if the Thunderbolt 4 cable is connected to the USB Type-C peripheral port on the back of the TBT4-UDZ then the dock will not work as expected.

For your reference, I have included a photo (just below my signature) of the TBT4-UDZ with the Thunderbolt 4 host connection port highlighted in red.

Apologies again for the frustration, and thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

Yes, I plugged the Thunderbolt 4 cable that came with the unit into the front of the docking station.

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us with the confirmation in regard to how the Thunderbolt 4 cable is connected!

Given your current description, our next step is to get some additional information.

Can you please send an email to our direct support email address → support@plugable.com with ‘For ticket #- 425296’ in the subject line that contains the following information?:

1. The Amazon Order ID number for your TBT4-UDZ purchase

For your reference, an Amazon Order ID number has seventeen digits (separated by two dashes), and that information is typically available from → https://amazon.com/orders

1. While the TBT4-UDZ is connected to your computer (even if not working as expected), the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

That information combined will help us to determine the next steps.

*** Please do not post the information we requested above here in our public forum (it contains personally identifiable information) ***

Apologies for the frustration, and thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

When I plugged the TBT4-UDZ back in again, it worked! I presume the driver updates and a further/ prolonged shutdown of the TBT4-UDZ got it to work.

I have found that a monitor (Benq BL2411) no longer works (it seems to be recognised as being connected using HDMI but no image - just a black screen)? I have another Benq (BL2405) that works fine with the TBT4-UDZ.

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us with the update, and I am glad to hear that we have made progress.

I am afraid that I cannot be sure of the cause of the remaining unexpected behavior based on the description alone.

As a result, our next step is to get some additional information.

Can you please send an email to our direct support email address → support@plugable.com with ‘For ticket #- 425296’ in the subject line that contains the following information?:

1. The Amazon Order ID number for your TBT4-UDZ purchase

For your reference, an Amazon Order ID number has seventeen digits (separated by two dashes), and that information is typically available from → https://amazon.com/orders

1. While the TBT4-UDZ is connected to your computer and all of the monitors are connected to the dock (even if one is not working as expected), the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

That information combined will help us to determine the next steps.

*** Please do not post the information we requested above here in our public forum (it contains personally identifiable information) ***

Thank you for your patience while we assist!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.