Not working

I recently purchased the UGA-HDMI adaptor for my Mac m1 (late 2020) with MacOS -14.1.1. I tried connecting my monitor to it, but when I do, the Universal Graphical Adaptor logo shows, and then the display goes to sleep. I have the display links application (v1.9) downloaded on my laptop, and it doesn’t detect the monitor, so I’m not sure what is going wrong.
The two monitors I am using are a P2419H; one is connected through the pluggable extension, and the other is through USB-C to dp.
Any support for this is much appreciated.

Hello Gyan,

Thank you for contacting us at Plugable and welcome to our forums! For our UGA-HDMI-S Plugable USB-C or USB 3.0 to HDMI Adapter it uses a different software called Silicon Motion InstantView rather than DisplayLink. Lets try installing this software as it should make our USB graphics adapter function with your M1 Mac. Please go to our download page for this software which I will leave a link to in this email.

https://plugable.com/pages/siliconmotion

Once the software is installed please let me know if you are able to see a video signal with your monitors.

Thanks,
Alberto
Plugable Technologies

Hi Alberto,
Thank you for your quick reply. Yes, I am able to get a video signal as expected once I’ve downloaded InstanView. You can close this ticket. Thank you again!

Hi Gyan,

I am happy to hear that your UGA-HDMI-S is now working properly! If anything else comes up feel free to reach out to us at anytime.

Thanks,
Alberto
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.