Not working with Macbook Air

I can not get this to work. I installed the driver, plug it in and I get no LED’s light up at all on the adapter. My Mac says the adapter is not plugged in. Please advise.

I have a Macbook Air running OSX 10.6.8

Thank you!

Hello from Plugable support. I’m sorry about the problems with the Gigabit adapter. Let me ask one quick troubleshooting question. Do you have the Android File Transfer utility app installed on your computer? This app has been proven to interfere with both this USB Gigabit Ethernet adapter and Apple’s own adapter. If you do have the Android app, can you remove it, reboot, and let me know what happens?

We’ve had some customers who didn’t even install the app themselves but got it with a package of software for connecting their phones to their Macs, so you might need to look a bit for it in your Applications.

Let me know if you did have it and whether removing it made a difference. If either removing it made no difference or you didn’t have it, we’ll continue down the support process.

Again, sorry for the hassle of a product that isn’t currently working. I’ll do my best to get you up and running with it again. Just reply to continue the conversation.

Best Regards,

Aaron
Plugable Technologies

Thanks for the fast response Aaron. No, I do not have Android File Transfer installed.

Garth

Thanks for the confirmation. I will get in touch with you via our private ticketing system to continue the support process. Please look for a new e-mail thread from support@plugable.com with next steps.

Best Regards,

Aaron
Plugable Technologies