Hi Plugable, I’ve enjoyed using uga-300 for a couple of year. Today, all of sudden, it stopped working. I went to window setting to see if the device runs properly. It says it is. but now my 3rd monitor is gone. Can I get some help? I desperately need your support.
I just checked the date I ordered it on Amazon. It was June 4 in 2015, last year. I have used this plugable less than 1 year because I didn’t use computer everyday.
Hi Yong, thanks for posting! Sorry to hear that our adapter is no longer working and I will be happy to help!
Based off of your description, we’ll want to reinstall the DisplayLink drivers and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool to make sure that the software is in a good state. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Disconnect your adapter from your system and leave it disconnected until the final step
- Uninstall the ‘DisplayLink Core’ software package via the Control Panel and then Programs and Features. This will also uninstall the ‘DisplayLink Graphics’ component if present
- Download and run the DisplayLink Installation Cleaner from here -> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/…
- Reboot the system, even if not prompted
- Download and install the DisplayLink 8.0 driver from here -> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Reconnect your adapter to your system and test connecting your display
If those steps help, great! If not, we’ll want to examine some log files to see if they can tell us what is happening. To help us do so please download and run our diagnostic utility PlugDebug --> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug with everything connected. Please send us the file that is created on your Desktop by sending it to our direct support email at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Ticket Number 150284’ in the subject line so we can match everything up. We’ll examine the logs and determine next steps from there.