Not recognizing 2nd monitor

I have just set up my dell laptop with 2 ASUS monitors Monitor 2 is hooked up via HDMI cable and monitor 3 is via DVI .
Monitor 1/3 are the only ones being recognized, if I go into Advanced settings monitor 2 info is showing up but nothing is displayed on the monitor itself. .

Ok got the monitor working. Next issue. Settings still only recognizing 1/3 Do not have the ability to use monitors as separate desktops, only as duplicate of the first

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

Windows 10 has changed the default behavior for when a new monitor is connected from Extended mode to Mirrored mode, we can enable extended mode and everything should work as expected.

To enable Extended Desktop mode in Windows 10, please perform the following:

1. Close or minimize all open windows
  2. Right-click on the desktop and select Display Settings from the drop down menu
  3. Under Select and rearrange displays use the Identify button to map the physical displays to the diagram
  4. Select the mirrored display from the diagram, may be labeled like [1|2] or [1|3]
  5. Scroll down the window to Multiple Displays
  6. Select Extend these displays from the drop-down menu under Multiple displays
  7. Select to keep the changes if this looks correct
    You may need to repeat the above steps once more to set all displays to extended mode. After this they can be arranged in the diagram a the top of the screen to match the physical layout of the displays. We have a series of Youtube videos here ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jDgITDfZAs&list=PLmKV1bysy-PHbQ-J9rytO2n-Z87tIfMbb ) that go into more depth on setting up multi-monitor setups and may be helpful for getting some of the smaller quality of life settings in place.

Please let me know if this helps, or if you have any additional questions, I am happy to help!

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies