Not detecting the hub if I close the Mac lid and then plug in the hub

Hi there,

I am using the MacBook Pro 14 inches with the latest macOS version. My hub works fine when I open the lid and then plug it in. It still works if I close the lid afterward. However, it is not working if I close the lid and then plug it in. My use case is that I have two computers that I would like to switch from, and I prefer to only use my external monitor so I keep both of them closed. I am buying this hub so that it could allow me to alter one cable to switch between my two computers quickly. However, it is quite annoying if I have to open the lid and then plug it in whenever I want to do a switch. Does anyone have any solution to this problem? Many thanks in advance!!!

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I would be happy to share some information on Clamshell mode on macOS and how it works.

Unfortunately this is a limitation of how macOS works in lid closed, or Clamshell mode. Please refer to this KB article for more details → https://kb.plugable.com/docking-stations-and-video/does-plugable-support-macos-with-our-displaylink-based-products

I apologize that I do not have a better answer for you at this time. Please let us know if we can provide any further support.

Sean
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.