Not detecting the hub if I close the Mac lid and then plug in the hub

Hi there,

I am using the MacBook Pro 14 inches with the latest macOS version. My hub works fine when I open the lid and then plug it in. It still works if I close the lid afterward. However, it is not working if I close the lid and then plug it in. My use case is that I have two computers that I would like to switch from, and I prefer to only use my external monitor so I keep both of them closed. I am buying this hub so that it could allow me to alter one cable to switch between my two computers quickly. However, it is quite annoying if I have to open the lid and then plug it in whenever I want to do a switch. Does anyone have any solution to this problem? Many thanks in advance!!!

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I would be happy to share some information on Clamshell mode on macOS and how it works.

Unfortunately this is a limitation of how macOS works in lid closed, or Clamshell mode. Please refer to this KB article for more details → https://kb.plugable.com/docking-stations-and-video/does-plugable-support-macos-with-our-displaylink-based-products

I apologize that I do not have a better answer for you at this time. Please let us know if we can provide any further support.

Sean
Plugable Technologies