Noise and poor quality audio connection in Windows 10

Recently installed Plugable Bluetooth 4.0 LE adapter into Windows 10 with the intention of using Bluetooth headphones. However, the audio quality is quite bad. with continued static, even with no music playing. Headphones tested with other devices had no such issues and seems to occur only with the Plugable adapter. Windows 10 install drivers automatically, and only Broadcom and Microsoft drivers installed.

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry there are problems with audio quality using the Plugable Bluetooth adapter. I would like to help.

There are a couple possible reasons why this could be happening. Could you tell me a little more about your configuration?

• Is the Plugable Bluetooth adapter plugged in to a USB 2.0 port or USB 3.0 port?

• What side of the computer is the adapter plugged in to?

• Are there any objects that break line-of-sight between your audio device and the adapter? (The computer itself, a wooden desk, a decorative glass vase, etc.)

• About how far away are your headphones from the Bluetooth adapter?

Thanks!

So, I have tried the adapter in both the USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports on the front of my computer, with no real difference. The headphone are in line of sight of the adapter with nothing in between, at about 3-4ft of distance.

Hello Paul,

Could you please send your Amazon Order number to support@plugable.com with the subject line “For Andy with regards to #152059”?

I suspect that you may have a Bluetooth adapter with a faulty radio. Once the e-mail is sent with your order ID I will help process a replacement.

Thanks!