No wireless Internet when connected to Plugable UD3900

My DELL XPS15 connects on the go to wireless networks with no problem - eg on campus or at home downstairs. When I go upstairs to my desk and plug in the UD3900 it connects and shows that Internet access is available but I cannot access any websites, send mail etc etc. If I plug in an Ethernet cable I am fine. As soon as I unplug the UD3900 everything works as expected.

I use the UD399 for the multiscreen facilities and additional USB 3.0 connectivity.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in contact with us. I’d be more than happy to help you with your Plugable UD-3900. In order to better assist you, I’ll need a bit of additional information.

First, are you using a wired Ethernet connection with the UD-3900 or is the problem that the wireless stops working when you connect to the UD-3900?

Second, could you please provide the logs produced by our tool Plugdebug, you can find it here and then send them to me at support@plugable.com.

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Once we have those logs, we’ll start trying to figure out what exactly is going on with your setup.

Regards,

Stephen
Plugable Technologies