No video signal from ASUS Vivobook Pro 16X OLED (K6604) to LG C3

Hi, I’m having trouble pushing a video signal from my ASUS Vivobook Pro 16x OLED (K6604, with RTX4060) through the UD-4VPD with the provided USB-C cable to my LG C3 TV. It works fine if I connect the HDMI cable directly but doesn’t work when the HDMI is connected to the dock and the dock connected to my laptop via USB-C. I can confirm the other peripherals work fine through the same connection (keyboard, mouse). I have the USB-C cable connected into one of my T4 ports on the ASUS (I’ve tried both but have the same issue). I borrowed a friend’s laptop and the connections worked fine. I would appreciate any advice - thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us! I am sorry this is not working as expected.

Based on your description of the behavior, our first step is to get some additional information from your system using our log-gathering tool: PlugDebug, when you have a moment:

Please connect the computer to the docking station using the USB4 data cable provided with the docking station.

1. Keep the docking station connected to the computer with the displays and devices connected to the docking station
  2. Download and run our PlugDebug utility ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug )
    2a) For Windows: Download the PlugDebug Utility, then Right-click on the PlugDebug application and run as administrator
    2b) For macOS: Click on the red button “Generate PlugDebug Report (Deprecated Pending Update)” to expand the section, select the PlugDebug utility from the Downloads pop-up on the Dock, or double-click if saved to the Desktop
    2c) Follow the on screen instructions to launch the application
  3. Click the “Start” button to begin gathering logs from the system
  4. When completed the application will pop-up a message with the name of the zip file containing the logs on the user desktop directory
  5. Please attach this zip file to your reply email to ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #428781 - Attention Pat’

Our next step is to ensure the computer is detecting this docking station as a USB4 device, Windows 11 23H2 ( released in late 2023) includes a USB4 Hubs and Devices Settings page ( this is not included in the gathered log files ):

1. Open the Start Menu and select the Settings cog icon
  2. On the left column select ‘Bluetooth and devices’
  3. On the right pane select ‘USB’, you may have to scroll down the page to see this option
  4. Select ‘USB4 Hubs and Devices’
  5. Under ‘USB4 Domains’ look for the ‘Plugable - Plugable UD-4VPD’
  6. Expand the UD-4VPD details with the ‘+’ icon on the right
  7. Confirm the ‘Current Bandwidth (down/up)’ is '40Gbps/40Gbps (Gen 3, dual lane) - this is the expected connection for USB4 and Thunderbolt 4 host computers
    • If ‘20Gbps/20Gbps (Gen 2, dual lane)’ is detected, please unplug and plug the USB4 data cable, then refresh the page ( ‘Refresh’ button at the top ) and check to see if the computer correctly detects the docking station’s 40Gbps data connection.
  8. From the top of the page select the ‘Copy’ button
  9. Open a Windows notepad text file ( Start > Search for ‘notepad’ ) and paste the text, save this file as ‘UD-4VPD-USB4-Detection.txt’ and attach it to your reply email.

This will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com