No video in Mudville

I connected my port replicator to The Plugable USB3-SWITCH2. Everything worked except the Audio and Video. I ensured I had the latest DisplayLink drivers. I plugged and replugged the cables. I restarted the systems. I took the plugable out and replugged the WavLink in to both laptops and they immediately worked. I have 120 watt external speaker system, a Logi HD camera, and two Dell monitors, one on HDMI and one on DVI.
Failure only occurs when the plugable is inline.

Thoughts.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for posting. Let’s see if we can identify the cause of this issue with some basic troubleshooting steps.

Firstly, do problems still occur with a basic USB device like a USB wired mouse or keyboard connected to the Plugable USB 3.0 Sharing Switch (instead of the Wavlink dock)?

Next, does this issue still occur on the same port if you 1) swap the USB cables, or 2) swap computers from port A to port B? This will help isolate the cause to the USB switch, a USB cable, or a certain computer.

If the issue seems to be a certain computer, try different USB ports on that computer (USB 2.0, USB 3.0) to determine if it affects all USB ports or only certain ones.

Once I have a bit more information about the nature of the behavior, I can provide next steps.

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Mitchell

All non audio video devices work. I have tried it on 7 computers and it is consistent. It does not work on the laptop computers, either my personal or my work laptop. Both have current drivers and are USB 3 compliant. I have tried all of the USB ports and the response is the same. My work computer controls the drivers and maintains the current version of DisplayLink by default. I verified that my personal laptop also has the current drivers.
If I pull the WavLink hub out of the switch it works properly directly connected to the laptops. If I plug it back into the switch audio and video quits.
What I am trying to solve for: I spend 8 - 10 hours a day on video conferences.
It would be nice to be able to switch between computers to check email and such when I have 5 minutes free. Being unable to use it with the laptops defeats my purpose in the purchase. I will take any advice. Switching between a desktop and my personal laptop would be a good start. It will prove the issue is with the constraints on the work laptop and make me happier if not satisfied.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Based off the testing that you’ve already done, we could be dealing with some hardware issue with either the switch itself or the cables. I’d like to send you a warranty replacement given your Amazon Order ID (or other proof of purchase).

Could you please reach out to us at support@plugable.com with your Amazon Order ID and a reference to case ID 301427?

Thank you!

Mitchell

Thank you Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.