No USB or network devices working through the dock

I recently bought a Lenovo Gen6 X1 Carbon laptop and a Plugable UD-CAM USB C dock.

Things were working fine, but I just came back from a trip to find that almost nothing works. None of the devices I have connected to the dock (KBM dongle, speakers, phone) nor the ethernet connection work anymore. Only the HDMI video connection still works. They get power from the dock but the laptop cannot see them. Tried rebooting the laptop and cycling the power on the dock.

Any idea what might be the issue? Perhaps a recent Lenovo or Windows software update?

Hello Brian,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

We’re not aware of any recent updates that would cause this to happen. We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. Please plug the dock into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.